Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Blues. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Least the Cats, last yrs Premiers, lost down at sleepy Hollow Kardinia Park, at home to to the very average Dockers. See, upsets do happen to other sides, when one least expects it. Dogs lost to GWS took in Ballarat, so there you go. Just saying.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
maurs64 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:37 pm

And Gold Coast is currently beating Brisbane! A weekend of upsets!
rambler 

rambler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:41 pm

"Heavy loaded training" in preparation for finals.

My novice assumption after the few times i've heard this term brought up is that the team goes hard at training for a period of time to maximise fitness and then tapers off later.
Can someone give me some clarification on this and are we actually doing it, and if we are, can it be a reason for last nights performance.
Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:44 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
They say things are never as good as they seem or as bad as they seem

But this is the exception to the rule
This was a total exposure of our weaknesses

Our poor field kicking was exposed under pressure
Our poor goal kicking was exposed
Our hard high press by defenders was exposed
Our inability to play man on man was exposed
First time Brisbane did it then Melbourne now these wankers

Take away our corridor quick ball movement and we are lost
Our defensive structure is ordinary when we are made made to play one on one

But with every cloud comes some clarity
It’s clear now Cox can’t be in any finals team we select
He doesn’t impact a game frequently and it appears the umpires have unilaterally decided he can’t have a free kick inside 50 because last night he was held by the jumper and pushed off the ball constantly

Sidey best is long past and he will be lucky to go on next season. 10 ineffective tackles again last night, his opponent running rampant feeding there forward line, his kicking again diabolical, puts his team mates under pressure with errant handballs

McCreery either learns how to play 4 quarters or play VFL. He with his speed should be making more impact and hitting the scoreboard that’s what good small forwards do

Mitchell looks injured or cooked either way he needs to lift dramatically. His drop off in scoring assists over last 6 weeks has been dramatic

We have to find our best 22 in position and stick to it now
Frampton comes in pays the Cox role with the added bonus he can actually play either end of the ground and is more mobile
Hill comes back in
Markov needs to be in 22 somewhere for his speed and efforts (something a few of his team mates don’t have or don’t do)

" ... Our inability to play man on man was exposed
First time Brisbane did it then Melbourne now these wankers."
So, hang on, we're now the ones being exposed by ... wankers? Geez, that's humiliating.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:46 pm

They'd be doing it for sure at some stage, bit early yet I'd suggest.
Never did a marathon without a taper, starting 2-3 weeks out.... geez, I couldn't run out of sight on a dark night now.

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:55 pm

You would not believe how results have gone our way today. Brilliant result with the Suns beating Brissie. Now for a Port loss too. Cats and Dogs look gone. GWS almost certain to make the eight.

On the home front. Great 4 goals today from Ash Johnson in the VFL. Sort of tells us what we already know. He should have played instead of Cox last night.

Overall, we're feeling a bit better today because we might dodge a big bullet and get the kick up the backside we needed. Loss=win.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:57 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
LEARN FROM YOUR DEFEATS. -A KARPOV . EX WORLD CHESS CHAMPION.(and it applies equally, too football defeats , like last night ) !

I would rather learn from a winning position and repeat what we did to win. And to put it succinctly, we have to play four good quarters of football rather than one or two brilliant quarters and play crap for the rest of the game. I’m hoping that this was the inevitable bad game we tend to have before the finals (in 1990 we lost by 80 points to Hawthorn in our last H&A game.) I will eagerly watch the next game against hawthorn to see how they play on the rebound and glean if this loss was an outlier or a major factor that could lead to a big time loss of confidence and winning form. I hope it was just a glitch.

I'm with you on this one Lazza.
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:05 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

THE BLUES, prior match was a friggin cakewalk, against the lowly inept eagles,ours was a boiling hot pressure test, a virtual final, at Ports ground, just totally exhausting, and it showed last night. Plus, fof heavens sakes, bring in Jack ginni and Ash, we badly missed their input. Bluescum played at their best, we played at no more than 60%, if that, im sure not panicking, we will learn from that loss a lot. Surprised

If you think that's the excuse for our loss you are delusional. We were totally outplayed in the coach's box from about the 5 minute mark of the first quarter (after we kicked the first two goals!). Carlton played their best minus at least 3 of their walk up starters, Cripps on one leg and they lost Cerra at half time. This was a beat down of the worst order.

Get real they had a friggin cakewalk game v the hopeless Eagles, we had a gut busting torrid hard win, against a top side on their own deck was like a Finals pressure, , the Scum were far fresher than us, we had a five day turnaround too. They were ready for us, this was their last stand to make the Finals. We lost it too at selection, no Bobby, and not picking Ginni or Ash was crazy, and Cox needs a rest for Frampton. End of day if we played so badly, yet lost by under 3 goals, its not the end of the world, far from it. These �$%$ers dont scare me, be very different match next time , very different circumstanes. Delusional is being negative constantly.

Forget Carlton's games against the Wet Toast. You've mentioned them in every one of your 50 posts this thread.

They are irrelevant. Carlton and GWS are the form teams in the comp right now. They'd be one and two on the Form Ladder. Our form on the other hand has been poor ever since the Melbourne loss. We can't string together four quarters. The Blues have won their past six games by an average of more than 50 points (the margin they beat Port by!). We play one or at most two good quarters every week. That's why we lost last night. A tough game against Port should have prepared us mentally in the way an easy game for the Blues didn't. We lost because of our mistakes. This loss was about our weaknesses. Namely, we have no forward who can take a game by the scruff of the neck. In fact we haven't had one since Travis Cloke could kick straight.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:22 pm

Brisbane looked liked they were running in concrete boots during the second half. Made the Suns look always first to the ball and lightning quick. Suspect training loads there too.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:32 pm

shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

THE BLUES, prior match was a friggin cakewalk, against the lowly inept eagles,ours was a boiling hot pressure test, a virtual final, at Ports ground, just totally exhausting, and it showed last night. Plus, fof heavens sakes, bring in Jack ginni and Ash, we badly missed their input. Bluescum played at their best, we played at no more than 60%, if that, im sure not panicking, we will learn from that loss a lot. Surprised

If you think that's the excuse for our loss you are delusional. We were totally outplayed in the coach's box from about the 5 minute mark of the first quarter (after we kicked the first two goals!). Carlton played their best minus at least 3 of their walk up starters, Cripps on one leg and they lost Cerra at half time. This was a beat down of the worst order.

Get real they had a friggin cakewalk game v the hopeless Eagles, we had a gut busting torrid hard win, against a top side on their own deck was like a Finals pressure, , the Scum were far fresher than us, we had a five day turnaround too. They were ready for us, this was their last stand to make the Finals. We lost it too at selection, no Bobby, and not picking Ginni or Ash was crazy, and Cox needs a rest for Frampton. End of day if we played so badly, yet lost by under 3 goals, its not the end of the world, far from it. These �$%$ers dont scare me, be very different match next time , very different circumstanes. Delusional is being negative constantly.

Forget Carlton's games against the Wet Toast. You've mentioned them in every one of your 50 posts this thread.

They are irrelevant. Carlton and GWS are the form teams in the comp right now. They'd be one and two on the Form Ladder. Our form on the other hand has been poor ever since the Melbourne loss. We can't string together four quarters. The Blues have won their past six games by an average of more than 50 points (the margin they beat Port by!). We play one or at most two good quarters every week. That's why we lost last night. A tough game against Port should have prepared us mentally in the way an easy game for the Blues didn't. We lost because of our mistakes. This loss was about our weaknesses. Namely, we have no forward who can take a game by the scruff of the neck. In fact we haven't had one since Travis Cloke could kick straight.

yes, i have mentioned it a few times, and its fact, that Port win was one hell of a battle, left us stuffed , five day break, do you honestly think had we played wet toast not port, we would have put in a sub par effort like that. ?? Cats beat us in 2011 cos they had shit eawy win over eagles in the prelim, our was gut busting against a rampant buddy led Hawks, we just fell in, it stuffed us for the GF,, it does happen, it does depend on whom you play in run up to big games. Port made big mistake leaving seven guys out to paly the blues, that gave carlton a huge edge. We lost by 17 points, not tenfucking goals, and yes, made errors in front of goals, even jamie was olff line, kick them, an it makes a difference. We lost it at the selection table, too, both Jack and Ash should have played, once Bobby ruled out. Dice it and slice it anyway you want, but this is my opinion so we agree to disagree, leave it there, Upsets are happening now, to other teams, not just us.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:58 pm

Geelong lost to Fremantle of all teams,and at home too.The Lions got thrashed by the Gold Coast.See we’re not the only team that can have a bad loss.I would suggest that those two teams’ losses were much worse than ours.It just goes to show how even the completion is,and that no game no matter how easy it might appear,should be taken for granted.
pieboy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:43 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Haw-Geel-Bris-Ess

Yeah, good luck holding Top 2, boys. Contested teams, all with monsters inside F50. Ouch.

Only one of those teams that we play are in the top 8
pieboy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:50 pm

piedys wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Big question mark over Mason……again

Would suggest dropping him for Ash.

One of several utterly inept players tonight.
As I really don't give a shit which Princesses I offend right now - I shall name them:

Cox: WHY would you even bother giving him a contract extension prior to the season finishing? Is there some sort of queue to poach his elite talent away from us that I am unaware of? Enjoy the VFL - I know you won't.

Adams: Living proof of why a week is, and always will be, a long time in football. Absolutely USELESS tonight; ball slaughtering on an obscene level.

McCreery: Seems the line between his best and worst changes week to week. Effectively cost us the game early with those utterly unacceptable misses on goal.
The first of which was one of the worst i've seen in my 40+ years watching this game. His ball drop technique is all over the shop. He can go back to VFL too.

DeGoey: Played like he was drunk; putrid disposal standard - not one kick around F50 went within a barn door of one of our forwards.

Moore: Not one to roast him, but his shitful kickouts TWICE gifted the Scum gimme goals, oh and that Curnow dude fuckingflogged him stupid.

Dropping Ash Johnston prior to Port match after his 3 goal game was a total fuckingdisgrace.

Everybody else also disgraced the club tonight; these Carlton arsewipes think they are gunna cruise to the flag now.

Mitchell can have a week off too; he looked cooked

Hubris alive and well within the club, whilst the bathwater was the drink of choice behind closed doors all week.

Stop looking at the fuckingladder and focus on getting the ball again.
Let this match be a warning for what happens when you turn up not focused on your game.

And as I've bemoaned for weeks - this forward set-up is a barely functional clustercluck, at best.

So yeah, well done McFly by getting out-coached by Voss.

Some of you will claim this game was a mere blip on our radar, while we coast our way to the finals.
I'm concerned the wheels are about to fall off; starting to reek of 2019.

Yes I rarely criticise on here, but Mccreey's first miss from 15 meters out was a disgrace, he was running towards the right hence the kick went in that direction, and then he had a laugh about it
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:50 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Geelong lost to Fremantle of all teams,and at home too.The Lions got thrashed by the Gold Coast.See we’re not the only team that can have a bad loss.I would suggest that those two teams’ losses were much worse than ours.It just goes to show how even the completion is,and that no game no matter how easy it might appear,should be taken for granted.

Yep, puts our loss into perspective. Geelong, Bris and us are all expected to get to the prelims at the very least. Everyone has a bad day at the office.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:13 pm
Post subject: pies v bluesReply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
Casual Observations:

1. We were off and deserved to lose
2. Last two matches: Curnow 7 free kicks inside 50m for 7 goals: the fix is in
3. Moore: has always been a flat kicker. No more kick ins
4. Ensure Quaynor kicks in every time
5. T Adams worst game of entire career
6. Cox looks bereft
7. Despite two misses McStay showed something
8. Can anyone tackle Cripps and HOLD HIM?
9. Howe: we may have found something here
10. Mistakes Central by us tonight
11. Mihocek: 3rd out 4 games goalless. Wake up!!!!
12. DON'T PANIC

Excellent points.
Especially on Moore. Should not kick out. Earlier in the year Nick was kicking out and Quaynor.
Terrible last night. Has no depth to his kicks hence can't kick for goal either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14   

Jump to: