Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#27, #7 Ben Kennedy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Medieval 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I rate BK and quite highly. I know over the years he hasn't shown us much but that's due to 2 things. 1. The sub rule. 2. The fact that when he has played, we've played him out of position. This kid was AA in the U18 National team 2 years in a row. He's got talent. He needs to be played as a midfielder, plain and simple. We've played him as a FP and HFF, with occasional runs through the middle, where he's racked up a few clearances. It's a shame that we would be happy to give him away, given we haven't even used him for what he's best at. That's like buying a lawnmower and complaining when it can't trim your hedges. Although in fairness, we've recruited to the point where his opportunities in the midfield would be even more limited than what they have been. And for people saying he's too small and can't kick; remember Tony Shaw?
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:20 am

Melbourne liked Kennedy but were never considering drafting him at 4.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:54 am

swoop42 wrote:

Correct, they drafted Toumpas ahead of the next preferred Wines.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:39 am

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

Moving forward!!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:42 am

So we signed Varcoe in Bali last year and maybe Howe this year. Lets set up a base in Kuta!
Medieval 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:50 am

inxs88 wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

Moving forward!!

For those who can't read FB at work:

"Melbourne and Collingwood are set to negotiate a deal that would see Jeremy Howe and Ben Kennedy trade places according to 1116 SEN.

Howe is catching up with Collingwood senior coach Nathan Buckley, skipper Scott Pendlebury and a raft of other senior Magpies in Bali this week

Kennedy has told the Pies of interest in a trade to Melbourne for more opportunity.

The Roos and Suns remain interested in Howe."

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:07 am

Medieval wrote:
I rate BK and quite highly. I know over the years he hasn't shown us much but that's due to 2 things. 1. The sub rule. 2. The fact that when he has played, we've played him out of position. This kid was AA in the U18 National team 2 years in a row. He's got talent. He needs to be played as a midfielder, plain and simple. We've played him as a FP and HFF, with occasional runs through the middle, where he's racked up a few clearances. It's a shame that we would be happy to give him away, given we haven't even used him for what he's best at. That's like buying a lawnmower and complaining when it can't trim your hedges. Although in fairness, we've recruited to the point where his opportunities in the midfield would be even more limited than what they have been. And for people saying he's too small and can't kick; remember Tony Shaw?

Sorry not a fan of BK at all. Tried to give him a chance this year. Yes he can find the ball but his skills are appalling. Handball OK but kicking would be in our bottom 3-4 at the club I reckon. Regardless of my opinion listening to Balme this week there is a very strong attitude from management (at least publicly) that if you don't want to be here, we will try and find you a new home - on the proviso the trade benefits Collingwood as well.

He's not best 22 IMO and that's why they're not fighting harder. One might argue if he was best 22 he wouldn't be asking for trade!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:09 am

I'm glad we are trading for bigger and taller players.
Medieval 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:14 am

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Medieval wrote:

Sorry not a fan of BK at all. Tried to give him a chance this year. Yes he can find the ball but his skills are appalling. Handball OK but kicking would be in our bottom 3-4 at the club I reckon. Regardless of my opinion listening to Balme this week there is a very strong attitude from management (at least publicly) that if you don't want to be here, we will try and find you a new home - on the proviso the trade benefits Collingwood as well.

He's not best 22 IMO and that's why they're not fighting harder. One might argue if he was best 22 he wouldn't be asking for trade!

Totally fair response. He is an in and under player and clean disposal isn't his strong suit. And I agree, I don't think he is in our best 22. His time was up when we got Crisp and Greenwood last year. I do hope he does well and gets plenty of opportunity at Melbourne.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:44 am

Actually, the startling thing about his kicking is how woeful it becomes in the seniors, even when he isn't under any physical pressure. In at least one game this year, I saw him kick 2 50-metre goals in one quarter on the run in the VFL. To me, that makes his inability to execute the basic skills in the seniors even more baffling. How does a guy who can kick so well at times in the seconds miss that simple set shot that he missed against the Welfare? Perhaps it is psychological pressure that he places on himself - I can't find any other reasonable explanation for it.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:57 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Actually, the startling thing about his kicking is how woeful it becomes in the seniors, even when he isn't under any physical pressure. In at least one game this year, I saw him kick 2 50-metre goals in one quarter on the run in the VFL. To me, that makes his inability to execute the basic skills in the seniors even more baffling. How does a guy who can kick so well at times in the seconds miss that simple set shot that he missed against the Welfare? Perhaps it is psychological pressure that he places on himself - I can't find any other reasonable explanation for it.

Agree, baffling, but his disposal issues at senior level definitely between the ears.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:57 am

Nathan Brown is a bit clueless. This is just another example.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:44 pm

Straight swao for Howe, anything less, the Deeees can go screw themselves. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:55 pm

Add 3rd rounder and it will be done.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:55 pm

inxs88 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Correct, they drafted Toumpas ahead of the next preferred Wines.

And Jake Stringer too.
Their recruiter should be torched for that...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16   

Jump to: