Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

25% of Collingwood's list tests positive

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see Eddie tell Ralph that the Stories where Lies in it
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:14 pm

John Wren wrote:
illegal too.

what's the correlation between drug use and injuries?

I've got arthuritis & roomatism in my fingers from rolling too many joints back in the late 1970's.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:17 pm

Where did [quote] he or she've get arthuritis roomatism in his or her fingers from rolling many joints back in the 1970's?
Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:18 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

He said the same thing about Didak being in the car with Heater. We know how that turned out.

He needs to be careful what he says, as the clubs are told nothing.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:19 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

He said the same thing about Didak being in the car with Heater. We know how that turned out.

AFL are saying the same thing

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:21 pm

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

This is all bullshit. Alcohol is a much, much worse health problem in Australia, so if the AFL is really concerned with the players welfare they's be running an anti-alcohol campaign. This is all about media image. The 'concern for players welfare' is a complete and utter lie.

Bullshit.

10 times more people are testing positive to random drug tests by Police than to alcohol.

The majority of adults use Alcohol in some way, as a percentage of users Drugs cause far more problems than alcohol does, the only reason you and others perceive alcohol is a bigger problems is because of the number of users. A very low percentage of alcohol users abuse it and/or have addiction issues, a very high percentage of drug users do have addiction issues.

Plus, when was the last time you read about someone dying from having one shot of vodka as opposed to someone dying from taking one pill at a rave?

With respect alcohol is by far the worst drug of the lot & alcohol is still the worst in terms of social & economic costs. Mate come down the ED, both are are bad but alcohol trumps it every day of the week.

A lot of people who use alcohol also use drugs.

(I'm sure we've discussed this before in other threads, sounds like deja-vu all over again)

Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
melliot 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:22 pm

The illicit drug testing is supposed to be confidential. So with this leak in the testing process,, who gets sacked for the breach of confidence?
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:24 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Source?

partypie 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:29 pm

melliot wrote:
The illicit drug testing is supposed to be confidential. So with this leak in the testing process,, who gets sacked for the breach of confidence?

The AFL leaks more than federal cabinet.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:31 pm

On the bright side, 75% of our list tested negative.

And remember guys, we don't know what drugs we're talking about here, for all we know the majority of those who tested positive could've just toked on a spiffa at a party, doesn't mean they were all snorting Coke or sucking on a glass dick.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:37 pm

Presti35 wrote:
The other two are Hawthorn and Melbourne

Based on your say so with no proof? You may as well be Robbo.
partypie 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:38 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

This is all bullshit. Alcohol is a much, much worse health problem in Australia, so if the AFL is really concerned with the players welfare they's be running an anti-alcohol campaign. This is all about media image. The 'concern for players welfare' is a complete and utter lie.

Bullshit.

10 times more people are testing positive to random drug tests by Police than to alcohol.

The majority of adults use Alcohol in some way, as a percentage of users Drugs cause far more problems than alcohol does, the only reason you and others perceive alcohol is a bigger problems is because of the number of users. A very low percentage of alcohol users abuse it and/or have addiction issues, a very high percentage of drug users do have addiction issues.

Plus, when was the last time you read about someone dying from having one shot of vodka as opposed to someone dying from taking one pill at a rave?

With respect alcohol is by far the worst drug of the lot & alcohol is still the worst in terms of social & economic costs. Mate come down the ED, both are are bad but alcohol trumps it every day of the week.

A lot of people who use alcohol also use drugs.

(I'm sure we've discussed this before in other threads, sounds like deja-vu all over again)

It really depends on which illicit drugs are showing up in the tests. There's a big difference between someone smoking a joint and doing lines of speed or smoking crack. In my daily life, most of the harm I see is from alcohol.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:53 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm fed up with the pathetic AFL Players Association allowing their members to be tested for recreational drugs during the off season. These are not drug cheats taking performance enhancing drugs, these are young blokes having a bong, snorting some coke or going to a rave and taking ecstacy. Personally I abhor all drugs, especially alcohol, which after all is this country's biggest drug killer by far. But what these players do in their own time, as long as it's not cheating, is of no concern to me.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Well said Rudie.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:57 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Bullshit.

Tell that to Darren Millane's family.

Tell em what? Darren got utterly shitfaced over several hours and got behind the wheel of a car? Try that argument with the family of a kid who died after taking 1 pill at a rave and see how far you get,

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:59 pm

Cam wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Source?

Fox Footy after the Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 5 of 21   

Jump to: