Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Vic Park might be back :)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:46 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky Park was always worth fighting for.

If she's in your heart, you understand that.

Lock-in those fixture dates folks, let's support our boys on the hallowed turf of Vicky Park ...... Heavan is coming our way!

Last edited by fence-banger on Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:46 am

Quote:
STOKA35 wrote:
what if vfl crowds do not increase if games are played at vic park, then what happens?

What would you like to happen?

With the prospect of the who's-who of Collingwood legends being in attendance at these games I guess that will keep people away in droves.

All I am suggesting is that what I read on here that if games were played back at Vic Park the crowd will increase by thousands all I am saying is there would be a cost to get it up to a occ./health standard and if people do not attend maybe the club has made the right decision not to play there $$$ wise. I agree with everyone that it should be at least be given a try to see what happens. I hope if a decision is made to play there people attend.
Also what is an averege crowd at a vfl game and which team would have the best following and attendance?
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:13 am

STOKA35 wrote:
All I am suggesting is that what I read on here that if games were played back at Vic Park the crowd will increase by thousands all I am saying is there would be a cost to get it up to a occ./health standard and if people do not attend maybe the club has made the right decision not to play there $$$ wise.

I know exactly what you are saying.

The old chestnut, "would cost millions", "unsafe", "condemned". "rat infested"

As has been posted ad-naeseum on this board, the Ryder has been fully renovated. The toilets have been replaced. The ground is currently used up to six days a week in winter already. All we ask is for is 2 1/2 hours a fortnight.

In a nutshell, it would cost around the same as playing at Visy Park.

To suggest that spending money on Victoria Park would a waste of supporters money after the recent financial report has just been released is the most laughable thing I have ever read.

STOKA35 wrote:
Also what is an averege crowd at a vfl game and which team would have the best following and attendance?

If you went to one you would know.

Collingwood averaged around 500 last year.
Williamstown gets thousands and the 'Blockbuster' VFL game is always The Borough V The Seagulls at Teac Oval. Would get around 4-5k patrons.
We got a good crowd at the Coburg game last year as Coburg is Magpie heartland.

-------------

So many on here quite clearly do not go to VFL games and have no intention of going whether they are played at Victoria Park or Visy Park but seem to feel the need to express an opinion on the subject.

I find that very offensive.

Shane.

fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:50 am

fence-banger wrote:
Vicky Park was always worth fighting for.

If she's in your heart, you understand that.

Lock-in those fixture dates folks, let's support our boys on the hallowed turf of Vicky Park ...... Heavan is coming our way!

I'm still singing with a heart full of happiness!

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:09 am

^ How happy do you think the families of loved one's whose ashes have been spread over the sacred turf feel?

What you guys have done is so wonderful it has caused my eyes to shed a few tears. This was a sacred trust those loyal Pies fans gave to the club when they had their ashes left at Victoria Park. The current corporate mob running the club at the Lexus Centre didn't give two friggin' hoots about that. Well we do! And we ARE Collingwood.

That's the thing that some people don't get at Collingwood. We have been entrusted with the custody of a great club that is 116 years old. We (and the administration) don't just represent Collingwood version 2008 or 2009, but that historic Collingwood. We represent all the players who ever pulled on the famous black and white. We represent all the supporters who cheered from the terraces our string of great premierships from the 1890s to the 1936 (after which everything started to dry up). And we represent all those people who so loved the club that they wanted their last earthly remains scattered on holy ground.

Well done Shane and everyone who had given the club this wonderful gift. Now Eddie McGuire it's over to you! What are YOU going to do about it?

http://www.realfooty.com.au/ftimages/2007/06/20/1182019193041.html

http://www.kitezh.com/gkw/whistle/colling.htm
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:38 am

Quote:
If you went to one you would know.

Obviously you do not read the location under my avatar, I would be the loyalist supporter to travel each week to watch afl football.

Also just comparing crowds against the sanfl as local footy is getting alot more attendance in the last couple of years probably easier to get crowds here as there are only 2 afl teams in S.A.
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:59 am

I think we were supposed to forget about Victoria Park, as tho she no longer counted for anything, but respect for her runs way too deep to just dismiss her like that.

The MCG is now our home ground, it's a wonderful stadium which caters for our numbers, but can never really win our hearts entirely.

Doing a make-over on Collingwood in the new millennium should never be about dismissing the past.

Victoria Park IS Collingwood. Disrespecting her is akin to disrespecting everything & everyone ever associated with her ~ and that's just NOT ON.

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:35 am

jack_spain wrote:
^ How happy do you think the families of loved one's whose ashes have been spread over the sacred turf feel?

What you guys have done is so wonderful it has caused my eyes to shed a few tears. This was a sacred trust those loyal Pies fans gave to the club when they had their ashes left at Victoria Park. The current corporate mob running the club at the Lexus Centre didn't give two friggin' hoots about that. Well we do! And we ARE Collingwood.

That's the thing that some people don't get at Collingwood. We have been entrusted with the custody of a great club that is 116 years old. We (and the administration) don't just represent Collingwood version 2008 or 2009, but that historic Collingwood. We represent all the players who ever pulled on the famous black and white. We represent all the supporters who cheered from the terraces our string of great premierships from the 1890s to the 1936 (after which everything started to dry up). And we represent all those people who so loved the club that they wanted their last earthly remains scattered on holy ground.

Well done Shane and everyone who had given the club this wonderful gift. Now Eddie McGuire it's over to you! What are YOU going to do about it?

http://www.realfooty.com.au/ftimages/2007/06/20/1182019193041.html

http://www.kitezh.com/gkw/whistle/colling.htm

Top post...*thumbsup*

cmfc_82 

'MON THE WOODS!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:48 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Our VFL side was easily one of the most unsupported VFL teams in 2008 it was embarrassing and dissapointing. Especially when hearing that the general opinion was that when leaving the Williamstown support for the VFL boys in Black and White would increase.
One of the greatest pleasures for a small handful of diehards was to see the development of Dawes Wellingam Macaffer Cook ect ect.

We have a huge list of young talent a list that will eventually take us to AFL premiership glory..
Whilst some supporters took glee in assasinating some youngsters at Collingwood AFL level after a loss the same folk would not go and support the youngsters at VFL level.
Behind the scenes at Collingwood VFL it is hugely run by dedicated volunteers, It was a joy for many of us to befriend such loyal club people . Infact some of our best times in 2008 came from barracking for the mighty Black and White in the VFL.
Easily out supported during the whole season and at some games no more than 60 Collingwood supporters would bother turning up the VFL squad did us no shame, infact it's run home late in the year was a priviledge to be a part of and only confirmed that this club aint far away..so lets hope if our boys return to Vicky Park we get more than a handful of supporters.
To Gavin Brown and everyone who worked so hard in 2008 at VFL level congratulations and well done. We're just as excited to see you guys again as we are to see the senior boys.

... Joff, I couldn't agree more. It astounds me as to why (with the massive following we have), we couldn't pull bigger crowds @ our games this season. Wasn't it what we all wanted. For Collingwood to go Stand-Alone! Actually got quite embarrassing at times seeing opposition fans out number us.
Highlight of the yr (and I know it was a bad loss after leading all day) was the 20 or so of us Collingwood fans givin it to the umpies after the rd13 match @ home against Frankston - good times!

Anyways the scheduled games for Victoria Park in 2009 are:

Rd14 Vs Casey Scorpians, Saturday 18 July @ 1pm
Rd17 Vs Werribee Tigers, Sunday 9 August @ 2pm
Rd19 Vs Frankston, Saturday 22 August @ 2pm

...spewin about the rd17 match v Werribee (will still be in Adelaide from the night b4 and will miss this match!)

CARNA WOODS!
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:30 pm

cmfc_82 wrote:
joffa corfe wrote:
Our VFL side was easily one of the most unsupported VFL teams in 2008 it was embarrassing and dissapointing. Especially when hearing that the general opinion was that when leaving the Williamstown support for the VFL boys in Black and White would increase.
One of the greatest pleasures for a small handful of diehards was to see the development of Dawes Wellingam Macaffer Cook ect ect.

We have a huge list of young talent a list that will eventually take us to AFL premiership glory..
Whilst some supporters took glee in assasinating some youngsters at Collingwood AFL level after a loss the same folk would not go and support the youngsters at VFL level.
Behind the scenes at Collingwood VFL it is hugely run by dedicated volunteers, It was a joy for many of us to befriend such loyal club people . Infact some of our best times in 2008 came from barracking for the mighty Black and White in the VFL.
Easily out supported during the whole season and at some games no more than 60 Collingwood supporters would bother turning up the VFL squad did us no shame, infact it's run home late in the year was a priviledge to be a part of and only confirmed that this club aint far away..so lets hope if our boys return to Vicky Park we get more than a handful of supporters.
To Gavin Brown and everyone who worked so hard in 2008 at VFL level congratulations and well done. We're just as excited to see you guys again as we are to see the senior boys.

... Joff, I couldn't agree more. It astounds me as to why (with the massive following we have), we couldn't pull bigger crowds @ our games this season. Wasn't it what we all wanted. For Collingwood to go Stand-Alone! Actually got quite embarrassing at times seeing opposition fans out number us.
Highlight of the yr (and I know it was a bad loss after leading all day) was the 20 or so of us Collingwood fans givin it to the umpies after the rd13 match @ home against Frankston - good times!

Anyways the scheduled games for Victoria Park in 2009 are:

Rd14 Vs Casey Scorpians, Saturday 18 July @ 1pm
Rd17 Vs Werribee Tigers, Sunday 9 August @ 2pm
Rd19 Vs Frankston, Saturday 22 August @ 2pm

...spewin about the rd17 match v Werribee (will still be in Adelaide from the night b4 and will miss this match!)

CARNA WOODS!

HEHEHE Damo good too see you finally post on the board and welcome aswell mate.

Yeah it was a bit shitty losing most of the time this year the games I went too but the highlight for me was when we beat Frankston down there after a loss too Nth Melbourne the night before. It was like the boys had a finals win, it was that good after the game.

Hopefully next year will be alot better and hopefully these games will be held at the greatest ground ever. You know what us Epping and Geelong folk say about Vic Park mate, "GLORY DAYS" Very Happy

We will try and get flights back from Adelaide in time for that game depending on what day and time its held! Next year's going too go right off, cant wait! Very Happy

PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
BlackAndWhiteSince87 Aries

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:50 pm

fence-banger wrote:
A return to Vicky Park.

My heart sings.

+1!

Cannot wait to see the black and white stripes run out onto her again...
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:14 pm

BlackAndWhiteSince87 wrote:
fence-banger wrote:
A return to Vicky Park.

My heart sings.

+1!

Cannot wait to see the black and white stripes run out onto her again...

...as Patsy Biscoe would say..."and heres a picture..."

gftrain2003.jpg

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:14 am

Just finished putting together a DVD for Dan and thought I would share this fantastic image of the 'faithful' gathering before a game circa 1910.

TurnerLulieGates1900s.jpg

The entrance gates on the corner of Turner St and Lulie St. Image courtesy Yarra Libraries.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:11 am

^ Fantastic photo!
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:57 pm

Just got back from Magpie central.

Thought some of you would appreciate a slightly different view of the ol' gal...

Sherrin_fromstation.jpg

Rush_fromstation.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: