Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lets get Peanut man into the AFL hall of fame!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

magpie greg wrote:
Wayne Richardson kicked that 30th goal piesnchess and what a great day it was to defeat Essendon by 147 points on a cloudy July afternoon in 1971.

Very Happy Spot on Greg,you have a very good memory.Yes,it was Richo who kicked it,there were no goal nets in those days,and it sailed over our heads,over the back fence.So,we bolted,out the back and it was inthe gutter,and being only teenagers then we were swift and skinny,so we took off pronto.One of the old bluecoats,huffing and puffing,yelled out "You young bastards,we'll have the coppers on ya",to which we gave him the bird.Then off to the Retreat pub with our prize,(a much better pub then)and we put it on the bar,and after six celebratory pots,it was off home clutching our trophy.What a day allright,that night i rubbed the ball in my other mates face,a oneeyed Bomber,after writing the final score on it,i think it was 30-30 too 7-11,or thereabouts.Great memories. Smile Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:12 am

Piesnchess wrote:
magpie greg wrote:
Wayne Richardson kicked that 30th goal piesnchess and what a great day it was to defeat Essendon by 147 points on a cloudy July afternoon in 1971.

Very Happy Spot on Greg,you have a very good memory.Yes,it was Richo who kicked it,there were no goal nets in those days,and it sailed over our heads,over the back fence.So,we bolted,out the back and it was inthe gutter,and being only teenagers then we were swift and skinny,so we took off pronto.One of the old bluecoats,huffing and puffing,yelled out "You young bastards,we'll have the coppers on ya",to which we gave him the bird.Then off to the Retreat pub with our prize,(a much better pub then)and we put it on the bar,and after six celebratory pots,it was off home clutching our trophy.What a day allright,that night i rubbed the ball in my other mates face,a oneeyed Bomber,after writing the final score on it,i think it was 30-30 too 7-11,or thereabouts.Great memories. Smile Wink

I know who the bluecoat would of been..A very portly gentleman with a purple nose due to excessive alcohol abuse and a very red face with slick black hair...He was always on patrol at the one eyed hill end of the ground..anyone else remember him ?

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:57 pm

The peanut man was obviously an elemental part of the culture of Vic Park, he is ingrained in the memories of all who followed the Pies through that era and has repeatedly been remembered in posts throughout the life of this board.

It's a great idea Joffa, we old farts have a direct memory of those times, but we need to preserve those important memories so that they survive us.

Old farts? Not my idea... blame ed:

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2074

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:17 pm

Here are peanuts! That suggestion was more strange then your support for the Club administration Joffa.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:22 pm

I wondered where they were.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:22 pm

Mike wrote:
The peanut man was obviously an elemental part of the culture of Vic Park, he is ingrained in the memories of all who followed the Pies through that era and has repeatedly been remembered in posts throughout the life of this board.

It's a great idea Joffa, we old farts have a direct memory of those times, but we need to preserve those important memories so that they survive us.

Great post Mike.

I will take the liberty to share with the current readership some more of your thoughts from 2001

Quote:
Who remembers the hotdog man. A 44 gallon drum with a fire under it and a heap of well boiled savs. Bread rolls were a bit posh, so you got your hotdog in a slice of bread and belted with a slug of sauce. Mustard? You're joking mate.

Those guys typify the Vic Park that wasn't up to AFL standards, but bring those memories of all that was great about a day at the footy flooding back. My memories of the footy are frozen at that point because I left Melbourne. I'm sure it would be a great culture shock to experience footy in today's environment.

Will there be fond memories of Colonial in 30 or 40 years? I can't imagine what they would be.

How much we have lost in the move to corporatisation, sanitisation and sterilisation.

The kids of today that ogle over anything in an Armarny suit have no idea what they are missing. Life is very hollow and self indulgent these days. It's all about the quick hit and quick fix. Shame really.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:29 pm

Hiss wrote:
Here are peanuts! That suggestion was more strange then your support for the Club administration Joffa.

It's the oldest trick in the book Hiss. Diversionary tactics. Notice the timing. Politicians are past-masters at it.

Last week Joffa started a thread we all applauded about feeding the homeless at Collingwood. Today he's 100% behind a club that wants to gouge more money out of its members than any other club, especially its volunteers in the cheer squad. If you're poor you're NOT welcome at this Collingwood. Perhaps we are all mugs and Collingwood really died when we left Victoria Park.

Two days ago he starts this thread and we all fell for it hook, line and sinker (come in spinner!). Naturally we fell for it because it speaks of a time when footy had a human face!

Today he's just right behind Eddie and the gang of corporate raiders.

We're on to you Joffa! Greed is good hey son? Laughing
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:09 am

jack_spain wrote:
Hiss wrote:

It's the oldest trick in the book Hiss. Diversionary tactics. Notice the timing. Politicians are past-masters at it.

Last week Joffa started a thread we all applauded about feeding the homeless at Collingwood. Today he's 100% behind a club that wants to gouge more money out of its members than any other club, especially its volunteers in the cheer squad. If you're poor you're NOT welcome at this Collingwood. Perhaps we are all mugs and Collingwood really died when we left Victoria Park.

Two days ago he starts this thread and we all fell for it hook, line and sinker (come in spinner!). Naturally we fell for it because it speaks of a time when footy had a human face!

Today he's just right behind Eddie and the gang of corporate raiders.

We're on to you Joffa! Greed is good hey son? Laughing

In World War 2,those who consorted with the enemy were called "collaborators".Is our Joffa becoming a collaborator Shocked Question His recent behaviour is very puzzling and bizzare,is he with us,or against us-or has he grabbed the thirty pieces of gold and run with it Question

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:38 am

Mike wrote:

Great to hear from you Mike..cheers mate

raymond35 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:51 am

Hiss wrote:

Yes, that was my memory of his cry: " EEEYAH PEANUTS!"
While i saw him at Collingwood and Waverley, he seemeed to be at every Princes Park game i ever went to. The motheaten grey jumper was ALWAYS worn, regardless of weather conditions.

Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:39 pm

fan4collingwood wrote:
I was a Vic Park by 9.30 game day to rush for these seats.

It was on the south side of the Sherrin Stand, between the Rush and Sherrin stands and only one row of seats then.

Mum and I used to sit there. We befriended Vaughan Ellis' Mum. It was like a big family in those days. Collingwood was a community not a brand.

The Peanut Man was part of the furniture. Long live the Peanut Man

tcnthat Libra

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:28 pm

Great memories of him at both Viccie Park and Waverley.

My (doggies) mate reckons he was at WO as well. Busy bloke!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: