Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

25% of Collingwood's list tests positive

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, i smoked some hash in my youthful salad days, whilst listening to black sabbath and steppenwolf on vinly records. BUT, i was not trying to be an elite sportsman, and i was certainly not earning hundreds of thousands of bucks per annum, as these young guys do now. I think its just about young fellas, with massive bank accounts, letting their hair down in the off season, one way or another. How does one, or the clubs stop it, damned if i know, its so much a part of culture now, mores the pity. Perhaps incremental suspensions for each discretion, with two yrs out if three strikes, and rehab and counselling services may help somewhat.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:24 pm

watt price tully wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
^ speaking to my 22 yr old cousin yesterday and he only knows of 2 or 3 people in his age group who haven't at least tried it. He's in the club scene which obviously would make it more prevalent but even back in my day, late 80's to early 90's, it was very much taboo and I'd be surprised if more than 10% took it.

What are we talking about though?

Marijuana?
Ecstasy?
MDMA?
LSD?
GHB?
Speed?
Ice?
Cocaine?
Heroin?
The anaesthetic one whose name I forget?
Nitrous Oxide?

One of the issues with the players is they could have had one puff of a joint to ice abuse - none of use know - nor should we.

Ok, I should be more specific but I can only assume the 'party' drugs. I'm not up to speed (pun not intended) with the latest and greatest substances, I'm guessing they'd be ecstacy and or associated methamphetamines?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:00 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Look, i smoked some hash in my youthful salad days, .......

Yes, but was it:

Panama Red?
Lebanese Gold?
Moroccan spice?
Bombay bubble melt?
Oaxacan high?
Durban poison?
Mulumbimby madness? Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:14 pm

The modern progressive well researched attitude to illicit drug use (from the early 1970's) informing current AFL policy

(audio)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzUsSDqPyVI

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:31 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Look, i smoked some hash in my youthful salad days, .......

Yes, but was it:

Panama Red?
Lebanese Gold?
Moroccan spice?
Bombay bubble melt?
Oaxacan high?
Durban poison?
Mulumbimby madness? Wink

Damned if i know, most of it i bummed off mates, they bummed my fosters lager and cans of Ouyzo, i bummed their hooch. Razz Razz Cool Cool Cool Cool

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:37 pm

I personally know and have known a number of young people, most of whom have dabbled a couple of times with different stuff and several who have had their lives messed up by Ice. Getting to 25 and having to start off where you should have been in your late teens means playing catch up.

Dealing with an Ice addiction can be an 18 month journey back to normality. Comparing that shit to alcohol is the height of stupidity.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:44 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I personally know and have known a number of young people, most of whom have dabbled a couple of times with different stuff and several who have had their lives messed up by Ice. Getting to 25 and having to start off where you should have been in your late teens means playing catch up.

Dealing with an Ice addiction can be an 18 month journey back to normality. Comparing that shit to alcohol is the height of stupidity.

Yes, but when one says "illicit drugs" over the non-playing period every illicit drug is included (see above thread). However, why ice why not marijuana as a point of comparison? (again I don't condone it's use)

If you've only had "ice" once but are alcohol dependent or abuse alcohol then does that make it stupid? I don't think so.

Sound funny me saying this here because in my job I am quite direct & heavy when talking about ICE use: (depending on the circumstances & the point of time I'm seeing patients I'm straight down the line with "do you want to have schizophrenia to become drug f*cked" then go right ahead keep on using ICE. Quite often I'm getting the Dr to prescribe 10 mg of oral olanzapine (an anti - psychotic) & 10 mg of oral diazepam (valium) usually be a use they haven't slept for 1-3 days & are expressing some paranoid & persecutory ideas. At other times they are injected & restrained !!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:44 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Alcohol is far worse......because it is so widely used/abused and it is so accepted as part of normal life. It is a mind altering drug of dependency nonetheless. It is responsible for widespread violence, especially domestic violence against women, and is a major cause of road deaths. It killed Darren Millane after all.

So, as a teetotaler, and one who dislikes ALL drugs, I'm sick to death of the pissheads who head up our footy clubs and the AFL, and especially the pisshead journos, who have the gawl to pass moral judgement on young men whose drug of choice is different to theirs.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:00 pm

If it was about choof I wouldn't care, but that's hardly the party drug of choice for cashed up guys in their 20's these days.

Alcohol is legal, regulated, you know how much alcohol is in each drink and can moderate your consumption.

Party drugs, you have no idea what's in it, how strong it is or what it might do to you. It's made and supplied by criminals and fkucs people up badly. Using it, when they have access to all the information and education, is dead set dumb.

Anyway, this is a circular argument where people have fixed opinions so it's not much point continuing.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:37 pm

Finally some common sense about the issue:

"The AFL Players Association might well be asking itself how it agreed to a program so intrusive and open to capricious change in the first place. It might also ponder that its members are unfairly seen as villains for resisting any furthering of the policy's invasiveness and punitive element".

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-illicit-drugs-code-push-towards-a-more-stringent-code-verges-on-immoral-20160326-gnrfki.htm[/b]

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:45 pm

One angle that people rarely seem to consider is how much this excessive behaviour in the off-season might be related to the fact that these young men are forced to spend nine months a year as choirboys (see: drinking bans, etc.). Every force has an equal and opposite reaction, and I've long suspected there's a link between repression and excess.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:59 pm

Agree with David to an extent.
These guys can't even play local cricket or Monday night basketball or anything anymore.
Everyone needs an outlet.

There is no easy solution.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:44 pm

Young blokes with a hell of a huge bank accounts will inevitably get up to some form of mischief in their off season holidays, dunno what one can do about that, its their own time whatever.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:57 pm

So slobbo robbo on 360 was happy to name Collingwood without confirmation of numbers of players testing positive "9, 10, 11" but not happy to name other teams without confirmation. Hmmmmmmm

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:29 pm

Bucks said he now knows the number.

Did say for arguments sake if 7 or 8 tested positive, then 35/36 were clean.

I took that to mean that the number was 7 or 8 and Robbos up to 11 was a beat up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21   

Jump to: