Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

25% of Collingwood's list tests positive

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The players should walk away now from any agreement with the AFL about anonymous post season / preseason testing for illicit drugs.

The AFL & others cannot be trusted.

Stick to WADA like every other sport does. End of story.

The players have been betrayed moreover Collingwood players in particular have been betrayed.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:56 pm

Yeah, time for the AFLPA to walk away from this intrusive testing which has nothing to do with the integrity of the game. It will be tough though as calls for even stricter monitoring will be at their loudest following the recent stories.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:09 pm

After watching that segment with Bucks and Robbo last night I almost felt sympathetic for Robbo.

He only released the information that he was given after all, and we were the only club named in that information.

There's plenty of other AFL journos (heck I'd say most of them) that would have written that story also, Robbo is not alone here.

The biggest problem here, as I said straight after the story broke, is how he got confidential information in the first place.

The AFL and the AFLPA are broke, rotten to the core, that's pretty clear now, they aren't doing their job which is to protect the players rights to confidentiality if that's what was agreed upon.

Robbo's like the getaway driver here, all he did was carry the information and release it, the actual robbers are still be unmasked.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:13 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Yeah, time for the AFLPA to walk away from this intrusive testing which has nothing to do with the integrity of the game. It will be tough though as calls for even stricter monitoring will be at their loudest following the recent stories.

I've literally just watched the Fox Footy show courtesy of Collingwood's website & it confirms my view that the players should cease their involvement with this voluntary scheme.

It's crazy to remain in the scheme when the players' goodwill has been exploited & confidentiality breached as it has.

I thought the coaches were far too polite with Robbo.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:16 pm

mattys123 wrote:
After watching that segment with Bucks and Robbo last night I almost felt sympathetic for Robbo.

He only released the information that he was given after all, and we were the only club named in that information.

There's plenty of other AFL journos (heck I'd say most of them) that would have written that story also, Robbo is not alone here.

The biggest problem here, as I said straight after the story broke, is how he got confidential information in the first place.

The AFL and the AFLPA are broke, rotten to the core, that's pretty clear now, they aren't doing their job which is to protect the players rights to confidentiality if that's what was agreed upon.

Robbo's like the getaway driver here, all he did was carry the information and release it, the actual robbers are still be unmasked.

He's not just the messenger. Timing is critical here as is evidence. The sub editing of the piece & the timing of releasing the information for print. Heck, on 360 Whatley said he would never have disclosed this. Given that then the argument that Robbo was simply a messenger doesn't hold up IMO

The AFLPA have been let down badly by the AFL & whomever leaked. As Member 7170 noted earlier why isn't the AFL in uproar about this?

The AFLPA need to withdraw asap from this betrayal of confidentiality & going out of their way to be part of a voluntary off season illicit drugs policy.

Not too sure why you're blaming the AFLPA here Confused

Last edited by watt price tully on Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:32 pm

DP
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:22 pm

watt price tully wrote:
mattys123 wrote:

He's not just the messenger. Timing is critical here as is evidence. The sub editing of the piece & the timing of releasing the information for print. Heck, on 360 Whatley said he would never have disclosed this. Given that then the argument that Robbo was simply a messenger doesn't hold up IMO

The AFLPA have been let down badly by the AFL & whomever leaked. As Member 7170 noted earlier why isn't the AFL in uproar about this?

The AFLPA need to withdraw asap from this betrayal of confidentiality & going out of their way to be part of a voluntary off season illicit drugs policy.

Not too sure why you're blaming the AFLPA here Confused

Not defending Robbo here but he did say that the "up to 11" was what he worked out with his Editor based on the info he had.

Yes he wrote the story but it still needed to be cleared and reviewed by the editor or sub editor before being published, so his culpability is shared.

Why blame the AFLPA? Where did the info come from? At the time of it's release by Robbo neither Eddie or Bucks had any clue about numbers, so if it came from a club it was pretty senior.

Best bet is a staffer at either the AFL or AFLPA.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:55 pm

Theere is an internet rumour that one of the clubs with more positive tested guys than us is HAWTHORN,make of that what you will.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:59 pm

^^^ They just had a bit more cause than our boys to party a bit harder for a bit longer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21   

Jump to: