Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

25% of Collingwood's list tests positive

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

They had an illegal substance mixed in with the illegal substances they were taking.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:51 pm

John Wren wrote:
Achilles wrote:
So how and why is this different to what happened with Thomas and Keeffe?

asada hasn't tested them.

And they weren't tested for PED's

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:53 pm

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I'm fed up with the pathetic AFL Players Association allowing their members to be tested for recreational drugs during the off season. These are not drug cheats taking performance enhancing drugs, these are young blokes having a bong, snorting some coke or going to a rave and taking ecstacy. Personally I abhor all drugs, especially alcohol, which after all is this country's biggest drug killer by far. But what these players do in their own time, as long as it's not cheating, is of no concern to me.

Yep, just look at the Weagles. Rampant use of drugs did no harm to any of their players at all. Just look at Ben Cousins. Rolling Eyes

If you read my post, you'll notice that I abhor ALL drug use. Drug taking is a scourge on our society, and alcohol is the biggest scourge of them all, but the AFL has no problem with players getting on the piss. So I think any player who takes any drugs, including alcohol, is risking their health. However, I think as adults, they are entitled to make these decisions themselves. It should not be for employers to control the private lives of employees. I think clubs should certainly educate their players about the risks of drug use, including alcohol, but at the end of the day I think the players, as employees, are entitled to live their private lives as they see fit.

Last edited by RudeBoy on Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:55 pm

Achilles wrote:

Hair testing is for research purposes only at this stage - cant be counted as a strike.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:57 pm

Caroline Wilson has also reported the same story and only named Collingwood, why not name the two clubs with higher results?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hair-testing-collingwood-in-top-three-clubs-for-positive-tests-during-the-offseason-20160324-gnqpz7.html

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:58 pm

The other two are Hawthorn and Melbourne
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:58 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Achilles wrote:

Hair testing is for research purposes only at this stage - cant be counted as a strike.

Keefe and Thomas tested positive for performance enhancing drugs, because the coke they apparently snorted was laced with a performance enhancing substance.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:08 pm

True, but these positive tests count for nothing, other than embarrassment for the Club, and for the players who will be rumored to have returned those positive tests.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:10 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I'm fed up with the pathetic AFL Players Association allowing their members to be tested for recreational drugs during the off season. These are not drug cheats taking performance enhancing drugs, these are young blokes having a bong, snorting some coke or going to a rave and taking ecstacy. Personally I abhor all drugs, especially alcohol, which after all is this country's biggest drug killer by far. But what these players do in their own time, as long as it's not cheating, is of no concern to me.

Yep, just look at the Weagles. Rampant use of drugs did no harm to any of their players at all. Just look at Ben Cousins. Rolling Eyes

If you read my post, you'll notice that I abhor ALL drug use. Drug taking is a scourge on our society, and alcohol is the biggest scourge of them all, but the AFL has no problem with players getting on the piss. So I think any player who takes any drugs, including alcohol, is risking their health. However, I think as adults, they are entitled to make these decisions themselves. It should not be for employers to control the private lives of employees. I think clubs should certainly educate their players about the risks of drug use, including alcohol, but at the end of the day I think the players, as employees, are entitled to live their private lives as they see fit.

I did read you post an I think you miss the point.

Their employer, the clubs, didn't put the testing in place and get zero information in this case on who failed. The industry body, the AFL put this in place in consultation with their union the AFLPA as a health and welfare measure as evidenced by the total difference in testing positive to illicit drugs as opposed to PED's.

Test positive to illicit drugs in many workplaces and you're gawn no second chances.

Put your anti employer bias on the shelf for a minute and maybe you'll see that the illicit drug testing regime is about education and welfare and not the clubs trying to micro manage everything, as much as I'm sure many of them would like to.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:15 pm

illegal too.

what's the correlation between drug use and injuries?

Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:15 pm

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Their employer, the clubs, didn't put the testing in place and get zero information in this case on who failed. The industry body, the AFL put this in place in consultation with their union the AFLPA as a health and welfare measure as evidenced by the total difference in testing positive to illicit drugs as opposed to PED's.

Test positive to illicit drugs in many workplaces and you're gawn no second chances.

Put your anti employer bias on the shelf for a minute and maybe you'll see that the illicit drug testing regime is about education and welfare and not the clubs trying to micro manage everything, as much as I'm sure many of them would like to.

yeah and what do you think the guys who work on the mine sites getting a lot of coin go and do when they have there 6 week holiday.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:26 pm

Steve86 wrote:

yeah and what do you think the guys who work on the mine sites getting a lot of coin go and do when they have there 6 week holiday.

I'm sure a lot of them "blow" their money in one way or another. So? You seen how much fun it is trying to get off ice?

The more deterrents and education put in place the better IMO.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:26 pm

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

This is all bullshit. Alcohol is a much, much worse health problem in Australia, so if the AFL is really concerned with the players welfare they's be running an anti-alcohol campaign. This is all about media image. The 'concern for players welfare' is a complete and utter lie.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:37 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

This is all bullshit. Alcohol is a much, much worse health problem in Australia, so if the AFL is really concerned with the players welfare they's be running an anti-alcohol campaign. This is all about media image. The 'concern for players welfare' is a complete and utter lie.

Bullshit.

10 times more people are testing positive to random drug tests by Police than to alcohol.

The majority of adults use Alcohol in some way, as a percentage of users Drugs cause far more problems than alcohol does, the only reason you and others perceive alcohol is a bigger problems is because of the number of users. A very low percentage of alcohol users abuse it and/or have addiction issues, a very high percentage of drug users do have addiction issues.

Plus, when was the last time you read about someone dying from having one shot of vodka as opposed to someone dying from taking one pill at a rave?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Bullshit.

10 times more people are testing positive to random drug tests by Police than to alcohol.

The majority of adults use Alcohol in some way, as a percentage of users Drugs cause far more problems than alcohol does, the only reason you and others perceive alcohol is a bigger problems is because of the number of users. A very low percentage of alcohol users abuse it and/or have addiction issues, a very high percentage of drug users do have addiction issues.

Plus, when was the last time you read about someone dying from having one shot of vodka as opposed to someone dying from taking one pill at a rave?

Tell that to Darren Millane's family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 4 of 21   

Jump to: