Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 134, 135, 136, 137  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Black and White Lion wrote:
De Goey would be 3 picks like Jeremy Cameron

2 first rounders spread over consecutive years perhaps, but 3? I couldn't imagine negotiations would last long if that was tabled from the vendor.
The only comparison is that if a trade was generated, they would have spent 10 years at their respective Clubs they were drafted to.
Cameron's trade currency came off a pedigree of an AFLPA best 1st year player, AFLPA young player of the year, 2 x AA, a Coleman and a GF appearance.
Compared to JDG with 2x AA squad, 2x GF appearances and a Premiership.
That's like putting a pedigree champion up against an RSPCA find at Krufts.

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:18 pm

Cameron hadn’t won a GF at that point but I agree had a wider spread of accolades. De Goey comes with a premiership and late goals from 50 on the run in both GFs. If he’s going to a contender, they’d be beating us up in return and going deeper in September. That’s worth more to me so I’d settle for 3 picks.

If you’re happy for 2 picks go for it but if a contender we’re typically looking at later first round picks and the risk of more Macraes and Henry's and Allan’s (hope I’m wrong about him)

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:17 pm

I think we are right into McCluggage, he fits our needs. Can play as an inside mid or on a wing. He right age and proven he can play on the big stage.
He’s got speed and is a better than average kick and can kick goals.
Problems is for the lions they have a few kids coming through who will need to be paid.
They have another Ashcroft this season coming in and have committed big money to Neale Daniher Cameron and a couple others so they’ll need some cap space. I believe he’s gettable.

Geelong is the main danger as he’s a country boy and that lifestyle may appeal.

Our selling point is play at the MCG in front of 90,000 several times a year and come into a side that’s contending still.
We will have the cap space to offer him somewhere around 6/7 years at $1.1m plus some incentives to get it up to $1.3m
For mine get him and look for a really good defender to plug the Howe hole and hope McStay gets fit and can play forward.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:02 pm

A few media outlets suggesting North go after older players to help get their culture back to a positive way.
One has even suggested going after Pendlebury.
Shiel, Ward, Prestia, Ross, Cam Guthrie, Boak, Zak Jones, and Yeo were all suggested on channel 9 as targets for North who are apparently after an older leader.

Questions that come up for me; do any of these guys want to go to that club? It'd have to be the case of no other club making an offer. And really, doesn't that mean you're just going to extend your AFL career?

My other question would be, would Collingwood be looking at any older guys to fill a gap for a year or two?

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 5:26 am

Presti, the club would never allow Pendles to walk to another club under any circumstances. He’s going to go through the 400-game barrier and then set sight on the all-time record.

But would they be interested in Mitchell? Clarkson was a huge fan of his at Hawthorn. He’s just over 30 and they need inside mids and we all know Mitchell is of good character and a hard trainer might suit their needs.
We would get a second round pick back we could use elsewhere.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 10:50 pm

Thanks Qld. I never thought about Mitchell and his link to Clarko. I still dont think he'd want to leave the Pies as he's stated he's having the best time of his footy life here, but he HAS won a flag now and is a good leader. Would make him a 4 club player.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 11:10 pm

A few names mentioned on the Gettable show on the AFL website that got me thinking:
Jacob Weitering. 26yo. 196cm Key Defender. Could you imagine!! Free agent in 2025 though.
Harry Perryman. 25yo. 186cm Defender. Free Agent this year.
Will Hayward. 25yo. 186cm Forward. Free Agent this year.
Jack Lukosius. 23yo. 195cm Forward/Defender. Signed up at the Suns, but could look for a trade to SA (or even Vic). Would love to get him!!
Liam Baker. 26yo. 173cm Fwd/Mid. Looking for a trade out. From WA, but would be a sensational pick up.

And the big one...
Sam Taylor. 24yo. 198cm Key Defender. Free agent next year, but a trade this year is not out of the question.

A few other names were thrown up, but I forgot who they were. Laughing
I'm genuinely exited by who we may end up with for 2025.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 11:31 am

Bailey Smith says hello, baby.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 2:13 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Bailey Smith says hello, baby.

I really hope not, his off field attitude is a concern. He is over-rated played his media hype came after a few great finals...but before getting injured, his form was sub-par for what he was getting paid.

Most importantly, he isn't a key need the club should be focusing on...Collingwood are going to sell the farm for a guy, that we just don't need.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 4:45 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I think we are right into McCluggage, he fits our needs.

Geelong is the main danger as he’s a country boy and that lifestyle may appeal.

And the fact that Geelong isn't hampered by a salary cap or any such nonsense, as they always get whoever they want, and pay them by whatever means.

Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 4:55 pm

piedys wrote:

And the fact that Geelong isn't hampered by a salary cap or any such nonsense, as they always get whoever they want, and pay them by whatever means.

Yes, their coach's brother Brad was at AFLHQ for a time and Dangerfield sits on the AFLPA at a time Geelong have benefitted from rule changes around player trades and free agency.

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 2:03 pm

2024 Mid-Season Draft: Clubs ‘doing backflips’ over players on offer... but one team holds the cards

“Jack Hutchinson, the high-flyer from Collingwood (VFL), 190 centimetres, taking some great marks. He’s a talent.” Hutchinson, a 22-year-old Wonthaggi product who plays a general forward role, is widely seen as the best available player of the 2024 crop, but the question is whether the current No.1 pick-holders view the VFL Magpie as a necessary commodity. “Hutchinson, you speak to most recruiters, they say he’s the number one at this stage, but do North Melbourne need his type?” Clark asked.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2024-midseason-rookie-draft-which-teams-have-picks-which-players-will-be-picked-jack-hutchinson-will-mclachlan-joe-pike-midweek-tackle-comments-reaction-latest-news/news-story/9e71e6556be71a2b153f92dab15f70cb

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pep 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 4:08 pm

According to Jon Ralph we are one of four clubs to be into Rory Lobb
“I can tell you some of the clubs who are in that ballpark — of course, this (could) develop across the season — Melbourne can give Max Gawn a chop-out if he played for them, Collingwood, St Kilda and North Melbourne.

**Ah, just saw it was in the rumour page**
Big T 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:06 pm

Pep wrote:
According to Jon Ralph we are one of four clubs to be into Rory Lobb
“I can tell you some of the clubs who are in that ballpark — of course, this (could) develop across the season — Melbourne can give Max Gawn a chop-out if he played for them, Collingwood, St Kilda and North Melbourne.

**Ah, just saw it was in the rumour page**

Please no

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 7:18 pm

^

Lobb has almost identical career stats as Cox does, the only advantage there is he's 2 years younger.

I'd considered Lobb previously but now I'd rather keep Cox for another year or 2 and either develop or buy a new young ruck forward.

Lobb would be a perfect fit at Melbourne.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 134, 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 135 of 137   

Jump to: