Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies tie Dons. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My take:
Essendon very lucky to draw. They were pulling goals out of their a**es in the first quarter. Several of their first quarter goals were miracles.
So it should not have been so close going in to final qr, had they not been blessed by the footy gods in the first.
Had we kicked as straight as they did initially, the game would have looked vastly different.
In the last, they indeed played out of their skins, and matched us with intensity and pressure.
Was impressed however how we clawed the lead back when they got 2 goals up. We ramped up the pressure intensity to maximum, but they were able to equal it. They have some very good players.
Harvey Harrison, come on down. Surely plays a full game next week.
Disappointing to only draw, and this is down to the horrible first quarter start.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:09 pm

A few players looked sluggish 1st quarter. But understandable coming off a short break and running hard against Port. Unfortunately we don’t have the cattle in the VFL to bring in fresh legs.

Thought Bruz looks very unfit, carrying a bit more weight or an injury niggle?

Josh D should have two blatant frees. One in our f50 when crunched in a marking contest (he looked sore for a long time after that), and again decked after disposing the ball in the last minute. And don’t get me started on Draper’s blatant hands in back in every marking contest.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:12 pm

Simple fact of the matter the AFL comp has now caught up to us
Been 2 years in the making
We win the premiership and it’s all down hill
Time to now turn to young players finally
McRae to full of a bit of 2023
You can not give up easy 6 goals first up
Switch on noe or it’s curtains for 2024
Must say it’s been a spluttering type of season already
Br prepared for a Carlton win next week
We just can’t get our heads right
Never it can be this we always have to wait again and again
It just never occurs
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:12 pm

That was exhausting.We were probably lucky to get the two points in the end.It’s a miracle we actually drew because we had so many players down today,about half the team.

The midfield is a concern.Losing the clearances so badly nearly cost us the game,and in the final quarter I don’t recall us winning a single centre clearance.I don’t know what the answer is,because the side is ageing rapidly,and we don’t have a lot of your talent coming through the ranks,unfortunately.

Last edited by doriswilgus on Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:19 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
.I don’t know what the answer is,because the side is ageing rapidly,and we don’t have a lot of your talent coming through the ranks,unfortunately.

Yes, that is my concern. Our engine room depends on Titch at the moment to go in and under, but he is now officially a veteran.
We don't yet have another, clearly AFL standard in and under mid to assist him.
He was brilliant against PA, and was again hard in at the contest today. But this was a 5 day turnaround, so he needs help.
Where is that coming from?
Glad he was subbed out at 3/4 time, because we will need him against Carlton.

Last edited by Magpietothemax on Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:23 pm

Culprit wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Great game, I tipped the draw and had it on Sportsbet.

What was the draw paying?
I got 40-1. $10 = $400 plus I had Merret @$6 for the Medal as well as De Goey.

Shoulda done a multi... 240/1 - $10 - $2400

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:25 pm

Essendon played well- that cannot be denied.

Our appalling goal kicking bit us on the arse early and at the death.

In retrospect, one of Sidey or Mitchell should have sat this one out and Macrae had his big shot in a big game.

Harrison looks a likely type and lifted the side when he came on today.

The Elliott dropped mark at the end should not have mattered as he should have got a downfield free after Daicos was flatted after disposing the ball to him.

I will take two points any day over none- particularly when we were behind for the majority of the game.

The AFL should be pilloried for their stupid filtering of the Pies- 3 games in 12 days at the start of the season- two games in five days just now.

What the hell are the AFLPA doing about this shit???

I am bullish about a very strong bounce back against Carlton.

Time to step up Pies...

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:25 pm

-22 CP, -17 clearance, -9 centre bounce. Didn’t score any goals from stoppage. We had 5 players kickless to half time, we got lucky. If we roll that out next week we will get hammered.

Damning is no one is putting pressure in the VFL so everyone out of form just gets games. 7 games is a decent sample size and it’s not looking attractive.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:31 pm

Take it, get some rest. then some touch on the track.
We have a nice 8 day break... they have 6.

If you don't think the boys will get up next week, shame on you.

The 2 points is as good (almost) as a win with our shit %.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:32 pm

A performance filled with hubris, arrogance, entitlement and straight up stubborness. Fancy trying to hold on for 10 minutes against Essendon for a 1 point win? We have to evolve and be better than this. What worked last year will not work this year. EVERY team is coming for us. We are the Premiers and every team has done their homework. A few players of age need to be given a warning notcie.

Next week, no excuses, step up or step off.

MONCO: Your life.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:35 pm

i can't say Im happy with that result.

Our disposal was awful often.

Players were trying but Essendon's pressure found us out.

We need to do something about our first quarters.

Our zone defence style just leaks goals at the moment. Attacking backs are great but also there needs to be some emphasis on more 1:1 play when the opposition is on the march.

And please no more Sidebottom. He's okay like last week when there is little pressure but when he is in higher pressure situations now he often fumbles or is beaten by his opponent to the ball. He barely did enough to justify selection when he played the sub a couple of weeks ago and now he has been exposed again. He has always been great for us but his time is rapidly coming I reckon. People say we got nothing in the reserves but they wont get to AFL level rotting in the reserves. Its about time our conservative selection policies were given a long hard look. Surely we can balance the mix of old and new going forward?

Overall I think Essendon is going to be a lot happier with this draw than we are.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:39 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
That was exhausting.We were probably lucky to get the two points in the end.It’s a miracle we actually drew because we had so many players down today,about half the team.

The midfield is a concern.Losing the clearances so badly nearly cost us the game,and in the final quarter I don’t recall us winning a single centre clearance.I don’t know what the answer is,because the side is ageing rapidly,and we don’t have a lot of your talent coming through the ranks,unfortunately.

This!! All of this! I’m buggered!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:42 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
A performance filled with hubris, arrogance, entitlement and straight up stubborness. Fancy trying to hold on for 10 minutes against Essendon for a 1 point win? We have to evolve and be better than this. What worked last year will not work this year. EVERY team is coming for us. We are the Premiers and every team has done their homework. A few players of age need to be given a warning notcie.

Next week, no excuses, step up or step off.

I was surprised that we looked to shut up shop. Elliot had the ball, 70m out and then pivoted, went backwards and then kicked it to an Essendon player. I think they ended up with the shot at goal that tied the game.

I think we erred in not keeping Reef in. Last week was an aberration where it all just worked, but this week was a return to forward line form. We need another contested marking body.

What concerns me more is how slow our midfield is when it includes Pendles, DeGoey and Titch. They made Stringer look like Usain Bolt.

Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:43 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
What the result showed. yet again, is how good the Coach's gameplan is - we were thrashed everywhere, except on the scoreboard. The two points is a good get-out from what should have been a thrashing. It's actually remarkable that the team came back from it's early stupor. Too many players down - it's a wonder it was even a contest.

Maybe we need "Ginnyyyyzz" back?
Collingwouldn't 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:47 pm

Big T wrote:
Forget Carlton. They are going to murder us if we continue in this manner

To paraphrase 'The Godfather': "They're not murderers, regardless of what this undertaker thinks."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: