Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies tie Dons. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think better 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison was very good when he came on - 7 possessions at 100% and a goal.

Zippy around the ground - should be a walk up starter next week

mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:35 am

Poor start to yesterday's game cost us the win in the end.
Even in the last quarter it was a huge effort to come back from 2 goals down.
I thought they showed tremendous effort and fight, but our skills and decision making late in the game let us down. Checkers, Elliott, Pendles all had moments to change the result. Take the draw and move on.

I'd love to understand where Jack Crisp is at. He looks out of sorts and only had 2 kicks yesterday. That's not his game - his run and carry has been missed for most of this season. Nick D has been ok, but I like him better off half back. Sidey, WHE, Mitchell, Howe all looked gassed in the 1st qtr. Unfortunately age is catching up to them. Maynard also had a down day.

Harrison is a positive. Would like to see him, Fin and Reef rotate through the side getting a full game. Ed Allen also needs to step up in the 2's and put himself in the frame.

Carlton will be a big test. They are good - everywhere on the ground. Let's not concede 6 goals to 1 to start, else it could be very ugly.
joemamone@gmail.com 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:14 am

Looking towards the future including the remainder of this season, I would like to see Reef developed as a half back flanker to take over Howe's role. In my humble opinion, he has all the necessary attributes.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:54 am

LaurieHolden wrote:
^

Chat GPT opinions!! What a horrible inclusion into Nicks. As mod, you should know better.

think better 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:28 pm

^ we had the Beta version of this when Hal was on board
Croat Pie 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:01 pm

derkd wrote:
Am I the only one who feels De Goey is way out of form? He is getting possessions but his disposal is awful.

Thought he was terrible yesterday. Hospital handballs all day
slangman 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:01 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
WarburtonLad,

Our draft / trade strategy has been hit or miss since 2021.. I know we seem to have struck gold trading for some experienced players - Frampton, Hill, Lippa and Titch, but we've missed on Krueger and McStay (due to injuries).

Our draft cohort, outside of Naicos as FS, has been very poor.

We've got 5 games from our entire 2021 National Draft selections and 1 game from the entire 2022 National Draft selection.

Completely agree that our drafting in the last few years has been horrible.
Is Hine maybe trying to be too cute and and focussing on potential diamonds in the rough and therefore missing obvious talent?? IDK but whatever it is the facts are as you stated that we haven’t had much come through from the last few drafts….without even mentioning the fact that we haven’t drafted and developed a capable KPF since Cloke and Dawes nearly 15 years ago.
That in itself has lead to many disastrous trades that have over time come back to haunt us.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:13 pm

think better wrote:
^ we had the Beta version of this when Hal was on board
I miss HAL and he / her / it's irreverence.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:29 pm

^ Well, last year, for example, we accidentally won a premiership within two years of the Coach taking over the reins. That certainly wasn't part of the plan.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:31 pm

What has become evident to me is that when our intensity levels drop below manic, good teams get hold of us. The game plan, with the players we have (who include a lot of average roll players) needs everyone switched on 100%. Just a couple of percent off and we don't compete.

This new stat called Pressure Rating is instructive. We rated over 200 in the second quarter when we took hold of the game and in the 180's for the other 3.

The big problem is, I just think it's not sustainable to need everyone operating at manic levels of intensity each week.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:11 pm

The 5-day break had an impact. We have a tough few games coming up and that's what happens when you win the flag as there are no favours in this draw.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:15 pm

stui magpie wrote:
What has become evident to me is that when our intensity levels drop below manic, good teams get hold of us. The game plan, with the players we have (who include a lot of average roll players) needs everyone switched on 100%. Just a couple of percent off and we don't compete.

This new stat called Pressure Rating is instructive. We rated over 200 in the second quarter when we took hold of the game and in the 180's for the other 3.

The big problem is, I just think it's not sustainable to need everyone operating at manic levels of intensity each week.

That's how Richmond won 3 flags. But we might have started too late in our players' age profile.

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:36 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Not sure why posters are still saying McStay would make Collingwood great again, (MCGA), he is out for the year, so what is the point?
The main issue is our midfield.
We are getting smashed in clearances.

And there are people who keep calling for Kruger. The man's the new Sean Rusling (remember him). His body is made of porcelain china.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:15 pm

I think the inconsistency of our performances can be partially explained away

1. Our best football is played when applying manic pressure constantly. Last weekend apart from the first 15 minutes of the game we averaged 218 which is elite (we topped out at 268 which is basically unheard of). On the back of that we torn port apart. They never seemed to get back on an even foot with us.
2. The problem with that is it takes massive effort for 2 hours. It’s hard to get 18 players at that level of intensity for that period of time.
3. We did that last season and it takes a toll. Our veterans are a year older and the physical requirements to play at that intensity level week in week out is harder than it was 12 months ago.
4. For whatever reason our kicking skills have dropped off collectively. Last season whilst we weren’t the best team by foot we consistently were around 63/68% eff by foot. This season we topped out at 63.4% which was the port game. Across the season thus far we are running at 60.8%
5. Our mid tier players haven’t gone to the next level. We needed the likes of McCreery, IQ, Maynard to step up and Josh D to go to elite level. Really none of that has happened. While they all haven’t been bad they haven’t set the world in fire consistently either.
6. Our set shot kicking for goal has abandoned us. We aren’t always the best side for goal kicking but last we were in the top 6 for set shot accuracy.
This season thus far we are 14th. We need to make the most of our chances. Yesterday we were at 2-6 at one stage while Essendon were 6-2. Ours should have been at worse 4-4. We need to make the most of our chances.

Finally unlike last year there’s a massive gulf between our best snd worst quarters. Last year we may lose a quarter but we rarely conceded 25+ point leads so consistently.
If my sums are right we have been down by 25 points or more in 4 of our 7 games.

A lot of this can be fixed like field kicking and goals kicking.
What’s going to be harder to fix is the tiring legs and bodies of our veterans.
We have Carlton next Friday night and based off the way our season has gone v now there’s has gone we could be on the wrong end of a massive thumping if we go in with the same side especially the same slow tired legs.
The difference will be if Carlton get us down by 25+ they’ll go on with it they won’t allow us back into the game.

Let’s see how the VFL goes this weekend snd see who pushes for a senior spot next Friday
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:40 pm

Harry DeMattia has been named to play his first game for the Pies in the VFL tomorrow.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1538819/demattia-part-of-four-huge-inclusions-for-anzac-week-clash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: